Dryer Vent Indoor Air Quality: Better Living for All!
We all want to breathe easily indoors and do not have to worry about particulates and pollutants. That’s why improving your indoor air quality through a dryer vent cleaning is something Fresh Sweeps recommends.
You see, dryers use large amounts of heated air to dry clothing and other household fabric items. Even when dryer vents are clean, clear, and moving air properly, there are fumes produced when many fabrics are heated. This is particularly true of synthetics, and the effect may be elevated when the item being dried is new.
In cases where the dryer vent is not operating well, these fumes can be concentrated, almost creating a sense of smokiness even if there’s not actually a fire. This accumulation of vapors and particles in the air does not promote healthy indoor air quality.
That’s why you should schedule a dryer vent cleaning with Fresh Sweeps. In addition to reducing the potential for house fires and making the dryer run more efficiently, an inspection and cleaning can ensure the proper flow of air so that those gases and particulates don’t end up back in the home.
To schedule a dryer vent cleaning to improve your home’s indoor air quality, use our Online Scheduler or call us at 888-FRESH-SWEEPS.
Cleaner, Safer Air Together
The U.S. Fire Administration’s focus is on fire safety. But many of the wise practices associated with avoiding fires also connect with air quality.
Clothes dryer don’ts
- Don’t use a clothes dryer without a lint filter or with a lint filter that is loose, damaged or clogged.
- Don’t overload the dryer.
- Don’t use a wire screen or cloth to cover the wall damper: they can collect lint and clog the dryer vent.
- Don’t dry anything containing foam, rubber or plastic. An example of an item not to place in a dryer is a bathroom rug with a rubber backing.
- Don’t dry any item for which manufacturers’ instructions state “dry away from heat.”
- Don’t dry glass fiber materials (unless manufacturers’ instructions allow).
- Don’t dry items that have come into contact with anything flammable like alcohol, cooking oils or gasoline. Dry them outdoors or in a well-ventilated room, away from heat.
- Don’t leave a clothes dryer running if you leave home or when you go to bed.
Trust Fresh Sweeps Breathe Easier
Better indoor air quality is simply one more reason to bring Fresh Sweeps into your home. Our cleanings can remove built-up, impacted lint and debris that are both increasing your risk of a dryer fire and hurting the efficiency of your machine.
Schedule your dryer vent cleaning today by using our Online Scheduler or by calling us at 888-FRESH-SWEEPS.